Thursday, March 18, 2010

An Open Letter to Tony Kornheiser

Sent to the ESPN radio "personality" via Facebook messaging: 3/18/2010 at 4:17 pm PDT:

I'm extremely sorry that you are getting so much publicity for your ignorant, stupid statements about bicyclists. It would be better for you to wither into well-deserved obscurity, but at least thousands of people who ride bikes - people's husbands, wives, fathers, daughters, brothers, sisters - are rising up in outrage.

I say a lot of politically incorrect stuff, and I have even been accused of having an edgy sense of humor. But I have never publicly advocated or even pretended to advocate, killing or injuring or harassing people whose mode of transportation I happen to dislike. I dislike snowmobiles and powerboats, but I would not be such an ass as to go on national radio and say "Kill them." Even in jest. There are a lot of sick f--ks out there who will do just that. 52,000 cyclists were injured by motor vehicles in 2008. The autophile millions don't need your encouragement.

Ass.

1 comment: